Covers for baby car seats are suitable from birth to an age of about six months. The babies lie with the whole body in the bag and only the head looks out.
According to the parent’s reviews, wind- and waterproof products are particularly suitable for winter.
The most important facts in a nutshell
- Winter car seat covers provide warmth even in freezing temperatures.
- Babies and children freeze more easily and therefore need more protection from cold, wind, and rain.
- Covers keep warmer better than a baby blanket.
- Many models can be converted into a normal blanket.
- Because of the long zippers, they are very easy to handle.
Winter Car Seat Covers Review & Tips
Advantages and disadvantages of winter covers for baby car seats
A high-quality car seat cover can also be more expensive. Especially if it is lined with sheepskin or has a waterproof finish. Some are also relatively heavy and bulky due to their lining.
What are the different variants of the baby car seat cover?
There are many types and models of car seat covers. Roughly, these categories can be divided:
- Winter car seat cover.
- Summer car seat cover.
- All-in-one car seat cover.
But not only the thickness of the baby car seat covers differs. The equipment is also very different:
- Belt slots for 3-point belt systems.
- Belt slots for 5-point belt systems.
- Belt slots for all belt systems.
- Detachable foot section.
- Zipper cover.
- Anti-slip surface on the back.
- All-around zipper.
- Drawstring at the head end.
Sheepskin baby car seat cover vs. thermal baby car seat cover
Especially for winter baby car seat covers, lambskin is considered a popular lining. This is because it is a natural fabric, is particularly cozy, and keeps you warm. Even at very low temperatures, it won’t leave your child out in the cold. Moreover, it is a very breathable fabric, so your baby will be warm but won’t start sweating. If you don’t want to go for a filling that comes from an animal, you’re more likely to go for a thermal footmuff. Here, the inner lining is also cuddly soft and keeps warm. It is usually made of polyester, which is why the breathability of some models is less good than with a lambskin bag.
Another disadvantage of the thermal car seat cover is that the material could be contaminated with harmful substances, especially in very cheap offers. But the fleece variant also has advantages. For example, they are easier to clean than natural products. They can simply be washed in the washing machine with a conventional detergent. On the other hand, lambskins require a special fur detergent and even with that, it is not guaranteed that dirt stains will be removed.
Advantages of the car seat with lambskin:
- Natural product.
- Mostly no harmful substances.
- Very long-lasting.
- Keeps you warm even at low temperatures.
- Absorbs sweat.
All our reviews are based only on expert judgment or practical experience with most of the baby items. We strive to ensure that our leadership is independent and as detailed as possible.
The Best Infant Car Seat covers for your little one
- Skip Hop Winter Car Seat Cover: Ultra Plush Fleece.
- liuliuby Infant Universal Fit Car Seat Cover.
- Britax B-Warm Insulated Infant Car Seat Cover.
- Kids N’ Such Car Seat Canopy and Nursing Cover Up.
- Daily Honest Hugs Multi-use Baby Car Seat Cover.
Best covers for baby car seat in the winter
Skip Hop Winter Car Seat Cover: Ultra Plush Fleece
- Universal fit elastic car seat cover features soft fabric for baby’s comfort and warmth.
- Size (inches): 16l X 3w X 27h; (centimeter): 41l X 8w X 69h Pvc-free, Phthalate-free.
Baby car seat covers are the perfect accessory for cold weather travel with your little one. With elastic edges to secure around any car seat, a cozy cover frames the baby s head in plush fleece.
liuliuby Infant Universal Fit Car Seat Cover
- Temperature rating: As low as 23°F / -5°C.
- Stretchy elastic edges ensure a snug fit on any car seat.
The windproof and water-resistant mélange shell protects your baby against the elements, while the ultra-soft luxurious coral fleece lining cocoons your little one for ultimate warmth and comfort.
Britax B-Warm Insulated Infant Car Seat Cover
- Allows for full, half, and quarter coverage or fully open for easy access.
- Fits most major infant car seat brands.
The Britax B Warm Insulated Infant Car Seat Cover is great for those cold weather days when you want to keep your baby comfortable and protected on the go. The soft, plush interior keeps your baby cozy, while the all-weather exterior repels moisture away, giving you peace of mind to travel.
Kids N' Such Car Seat Canopy and Nursing Cover Up
- Gaps between the snaps let in the fresh air, while still maintaining an overall steady climate.
- Machine washable: Use cold water and wash with like colors, tumble, or air dry.
The Kid’s N’ Such Carseat Cover is the ideal companion for any infant car seat. Each Cover is fashionably designed and made to provide comfort, convenience, and safety for newborns and parents alike.
Daily Honest Hugs Multi-use Baby Car Seat Cover
- Made of premium knitted cotton air layer fabric that is durable, warm but insulated.
- Cover can be used in winter, spring, and autumn.
Daily Honest Hugs cover can be used as a car seat cover, breastfeeding cover, shopping cart cover, stroller cover, and high chair cover. Gives baby full protection from winds, light rain, dirt, dust, germs, and intensive lights. The suitable baby age for this cover is from newborn to 1 year old.
FAQ - Winter Covers for Baby's Car Seat
❓ Are baby car seat covers safe?
Use a car seat cover ONLY if it does not have a layer under the baby. Nothing should ever go underneath your child’s body or between her body and the harness straps. Be sure to leave baby’s face uncovered to avoid trapped air and re-breathing.
❓ Can baby car seat covers be washed?
Treat these covers as delicate items that must be hand-washed. Use gentle, baby-safe soap or detergent with cold or warm (never hot!) water according to the tag or instructions.
❓ Do you need a car seat cover for baby?
A car seat cover provides a safe alternative to extra clothing layers, while still protecting your little one from the wind, rain, and snow.
Meet Our Team
BabyAmo is a magazine of top products for infants and babies. We writing best reviews and do our best for people who want to save their time and energy while searching for an ideal product regardless of the budget they have.
BabyAmo Review Journal
Learn all Things to Buy for Your Babies
We test the products we choose to see their features in action
We detail write in-detail descriptions of the items’ features
We combine all our findings to help you pick the product